When We Are Closedtelephone_brown

If you require emergency GP attention outside of normal surgery hours you need to ring NHS111 on 111. Your call will be answered and assessed by appropriately trained staff who will then be able to decide what action to take; this could be:

  • Telephone advice from a doctor
  • Seeing a doctor at a Primary Care Centre or a home visit
  • Attendance at an Urgent Treatment Centre
  • Despatching an ambulance

Please note that out of hours services are organised by City Healthcare Partnership. 

In cases of minor accidents, eg cuts, sprained ankles, remember that there is a Minor Injuries Unit at the Alfred Bean Hospital. You need to ring NHS111 on 111 to access this service as it is appointment based.  Alternatively there are Urgent Treatment Centres in Beverley and Bridlington which are open 7.00 am - 11.00 pm - you do not need to book an appointment for the Urgent Treatment Centres.

Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.  

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website